Monday, November 12, 2007

Pumpkin Polenta with Grana Padano and White Truffle Oil


I roasted and pureed the remainder of my sugar pumpkins this weekend and have a ton of fresh pumpkin puree. It is fabulous.

This made a perfect lunch for a study afternoon. I have another a&p midterm tomorrow. Seriously, it feels like there is a midterm everyday.

I want to make this for dinner sometime with sauteed wild mushrooms like oysters, chantrelles and porcinis. Since I didn't have any mushrooms I added truffle oil for the umami.

Pumpkin Polenta with Grana Padano and White Truffle Oil
1 cup polenta
4 cups water
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup grated grana padano
salt & pepper
dashes of truffle oil to taste.

Put polenta and water in a sauce pan and cook until water is absorbed and porridge is thick. Stir in puree, butter, cheese and s&p. Take off heat and add truffle oil to taste. This is a very strong flavor should be added to your individual preference.

No comments: