Friday, January 11, 2008

Salmon Amendment


I realized after posting the menu that I was out of parchment. I had to substitute with what i had on had so I decided to do roasted Salmon with pesto and couscous instead.

This is one of the easiest, fastest week night meals. I like it in the summer better when I can get fresh heirloom tomatoes to stir into the couscous.

I like to add a pinch of cayenne to my pesto. I started doing this about 5 years ago when I wanted to fake the spicy-ness of garlic. I really loved the outcome and still do it everytime.

Roast Salmon with Pesto and Couscous

1 lb Salmon Fillets
1 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves torn
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup roasted walnuts
3 cloves garlic
pinch of cayenne
1 cup Israeli Couscous
3 chopped roma tomatoes
Romano
salt and pepper

Roast the salmon in a 450 degree oven until cooked through. about 12 minutes

To prepare the pesto place olive oil, basil, garlic, walnuts, cayenne and salt into a food processor and mix to desired consistency. I like mine a little chunkier than some.

Cook the couscous in 1 1/2 cups of water until soft about 15 minutes. After it is cooked stir in a little bit of the prepared pesto and fresh tomatoes.

Place on piece of salmon on each plate and top with pesto. Serve with some couscous and top all with fresh romano to taste.



No comments: